Friday, May 29, 2009

Yay for skirts!

I found awesome skirts at New York and Company. Light weight cotton, ankle length, an array of colors, and on SALE! woot woot! I bought two. I'm thinking about going back for more :)

So I'm still on a mission to find some nice hijabs. I bought some underscarves at al-muhajabat. I heard starscarves is great. I like the styles at veiled by design. Ordering online scares me though. I'm always afraid that I'm going to get ripped off.

Remember, the skirt I was working on back in ummm January or February?? Yeah well it's still in pieces on the floor of my room waiting for me to learn how to use my sewing machine... :(

3 comments:

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

Assalam millz
strange that we are in a similar situation , (well, kind of ). . Coz i too am scared of buying things online :) :) and since most of this online shops are far far away from india, and the transactions are in dollars, i will lose A LOT :)
and i too have left something midway. . And i think i will need another life to sew it up. . Well, not really sew, but actually alter it. . . :( my arm coverings., :( we dont get arm coverings here.. :( so i had got a pair stitched, and they need to be altered. . .

Meela said...

Wa Salaams! Looks like we need to have some quick sewing lessons lol

Anonymous said...

asslamu aleikum,

I can also recommend www.middleeasternmall.com--gret selection of hijabs and great service! Please keep blogging! :)