Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hmmm

I am a lazy blogger. What can I say I get caught up in life and forget to write.

Anyways, this past week has been amazing. I really feel a sense of peace and happiness. Alhamdulillah so many people have been so supportive including my lovely sisters in the blogging world :)

My h2b's cousin's wife offered to look into some Arabic classes with me and her sister told me to ask her if I had ANY questions. Another friend (who also converted recently) is taking an online class at Sunnipath that I may take too. I think it's called the Essentials of Islam. There were actually a few courses like that but all from a different madhab's perspective. I'm looking for some books on hadith. I found Al-Nawawi's 40 hadith online but I really wanted some books. Maybe on amazon or something.

And on other news, we're looking at December or January for a wedding inshaAllah. We figure that that will allow us ample time to save and plan something that our families will be happy with. That's just the tentative plan for now. I applied for a job that will definitely allow me to be a little more monetarily secure and he applied for a ton of jobs as well. InshaAllah something will come through soon and we can plan something for an earlier date.

3 comments:

Empress Anisa said...

It's good to see you have a supportive network of people there... good for you!
InshaAllah, a winter Indian(?) style wedding sounds fabulous, MashaAllah!

Empress Anisa said...

Oh Millz dahling... don't forget Utsav Sarees! LOL

Meela said...

hehe Anisa I've already been looking for my perfect outfit on their site!