Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ahhh, 2009!

I have been waiting for 2009 for the past 11 months. 2008 was hectic and crazy and chaotic and sad and on some days just plain miserable. Three people close to me were affected by cancer (Two passed away - May Allah forgive their sins and grant them paradise) and the other is on the way back to good health Alhamdulillah! I had a TON of issues at work ( I won't even get started with that) and my family has been driving me nuts. I'm praying that 2009 will be a much better year. It seemed to have started out on a good note. I did some community service work with some Muslims in the community. That was fun. Someone described community work as truly practicing dawah. It's great to talk about Islam to non-Muslims but it's even better for them to see Islam in action :) Oooo and hopefully I will be starting my wedding planning in the next 6 months or so (yay!) Think we're going to go for something lowkey - no need to spend exorbtant amounts of money for one day.

I would write more but I'm super exhausted.

2 comments:

Adrianna said...

Asalaam `alaikum :-)

Barak Allah feeki for doing your efforts to promote the true image of Islam! Community service is a great way to spread dawah, masha'Allah!

BTW thnx for clarifying the names on Halal Honey's Blog... I got confused with Warith Deen Mohammed and the other Fard Mohammed! And just to be sure, I am not in any way putting down NOI's contribution to the African Americans :-) As you said, you can support one person's cause but differ on their beliefs -- my intention was to point out what the former Fard Mohammad preached and that was shirk.

And Malcolm X was a great brother whom Allah guided to realize the true Islam ie. the one that does not say that the White man is the devil. I believe his message after he returned from Hajj served the Ummah well, and the successor (the late Imam Warith Deen Mohammed) also preached the message of Islam in a very wonderful way!

lala said...

Ooooh la la, masAllah someone's getting married!!! YAY!! InshAllah you'll have a great new year sister, glad to see you're starting it off with great dawah, as you said. Anyway I'm happy you've thought about doing something low-key for your marriage ceremony. InshAllah you can use all that extra money you'll have one important stuff like the apt./house.