Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I need friends
I'm dressed for work but I'm not sure if I'm going. I get severe migraines. I'm on medication for them but it doesn't always do the job. I took two of the prescription meds and two advils and now I feel woozy and nauseous. I probably should not be straining my eyes on this laptop. It seems like whenever I get migraines though I start thinking. And it just hit me that I really need to find some Muslimahs my age to befriend. Seriously. I love my old friends - well the ones that still even want to talk to me- but I know they don't understand what I'm going through and I know that when concerning my religion and lifestyle they may not have my very best interests in mind. I know older Muslim women who are super nice to me and treat me like a daughter which I appreciate so much. It would be nice to have some Muslim girlfriends my age too though. My intended's cousin's wife and sister-in-law are super nice but we don't really hang out chit-chat together. It would also be nice to meet some Muslimahs my age who are also hijabis. I don't know ANY! Seriously. I keep thinking that maybe it will be an easier transition into wearing hijab full-time if I have some support from other hijabis that I see and talk to and go places with. sigh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hmm sis weren't u in CT? Im in wethersfield, do you want to meet? Get to know each other ~ I'll be more than happy to befrend you and show you about and other sisters too inshaAllah :)!
you can reach me back at nida-h@hotmail.com
Oh yes yes, two sisters n I wanted to start a halaqah - may be that would be awsome for you, talking about islam and sisters' stuff :D They would be happy n me too if you'd like to meet!
hi im in the same situation as you i dont now any hijabi. so you cant contact me at this email toutou86fr@yahoo.fr and we will get to know each other. waiting for your email soon
Assalamualaikum Sis,
It's good that you've mention about this. To be stronger in our faith and to stay strong in practising our deen, we really need friends as is jamaah.
I suggest that you form a halaqah with Sis NiDa since I can't be there although I wish to and maybe I'm too old.
Insya-Allah you'll find some good friends close to you.
ooo I will definitely email you two soon!
Allah be your Guide sister..
wish you all the best...
:)
As'salaam Aleykum,
Millz, a few sisters n I are organizing a halaqah today ~ if you arein the hartford area or know where Trinity College is in Hartford we would be very happy if you could join us. It will be tonight from 5pm - 7pm at the Trinity Prayer Room:
Trinity College: 300 Summit Street, Hartford, CT:
TRINITY MUSLIM PRAYER ROOM IS LOCATED @ South Summit, SS100
Hope to see you there! :) If not today I will definately let you know of our next all girls meeting :)! inshaAllah!
Awww I wish I had known earlier I totally would have driven up, NIda!!!! Let me know next time you have a halaqa session. I emailed you I don't know if you received or not but definitely email next time! Thank you so much fro letting me know!
Selams sis i hav the same problem no muslim female friends...if only u lived in aus we cld hav been besties hehe..u will meet other sisters ur age through the mosque and islamic classes so try to put urself out there and ull find them
xxx
Post a Comment