Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Human Service Work

Being a human service worker kind of stinks sometimes. I mean it's rewarding but sometimes it's depressing. Especially when half of your clients are still strung out, going to jail, or just plain complete the program unsuccessfully. This job is draining and as my friend says it's killing my spirit.

4 comments:

Empress Anisa said...

Oh boy... I know exactly how that can be... hang in there!

nida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nida said...

Dont let it get you down sweety. You know A lady shared a very inspirational quote with me once, because InshaAllah i'm going into HUmanitarian work too.

"No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakens into existance needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted for the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith!"

She is Christian and a scholar of Islam , but nontheless, it was quite touching! :)...I hope you get something from it too.

Meela said...

Empress Anisa: I'm trying to hang in there but it is tough.

Nida: I love that quote! One of my coworkers says as long as you see at least one person doing better you know you're doing a good job. But it would be nice to see some more successful outcomes.